From:   "Brian Toller", [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Well I for one will be sorry to see Iggy go.
I suppose as he keeps mentioning the length of time
he's been a copper we should call him Iggy Pop.

Wether I agree with his point of view or not it's enough
of a rarity to have someone in the force prepared to stand
up and not just argue but do so in words I can understand.
Not that God awful monotone style that all senior officers
seem to have learnt.

On the initial point in his reply I have to say that
comparing bent coppers with homicidal shooters is way off
beam. Bent coppers with bent shooters or homicidal coppers
with homicidal shooters and lets keep the arguement fair.

If the debate has got somewhat overheated just consider the
initial media coverage and government reaction in March 1996
(No Iggy I don't exclude you from the same feelings as the
rest of us I just seek to remind everybody) We were condemned
as worse than Paedophiles with the government preferring to
find time to punish us in preference to them and had more
libel and abuse flung at us than practically any other group
of people, certainly since the war. From her recently
reported comments Gill Marshal Andrews still considers that
my children should be on the "at risk" register merely
because of my interest in shooting and at the time she would
have been one among many expressing similar opinions.
That level of injustice has not and will not be forgotten or
forgiven. I shall bare that particular grudge till they nail
the lid down.

So for the good of shooting stick around my friend and keep
arguing. The day this list revolves around mutual ego stroking
rather than hot debate is the day I unsubscribe.

Brian T

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]