From:   "E.J. Totty", [EMAIL PROTECTED]

        --snip--

>Treason, BTW, includes impairing the defence of the Realm so persecuting
>rifle clubs would be covered. And Church of England clergy, who have an
>input in Parish Councils,  are required to swear the Oath of Allegiance. The
>Articles of religion in the Book of Common Prayer include one which states
>"Christian men may carry swords..".
>
>Regards,  John Hurst.

        Steve, & John,

        Okay, let's see a modern carry a 'sword' and not get tossed into
the clink. If, as you state above, that the COE Clergy are required to swear
an oath, then if that oath is still a functional and enforceable adjunct to
public office, then so is every latent clerical ministration in the form of
the prayer. If the former has not been dismissed as irrelevant, and if no
law or official decree to the otherwise has been enacted to demur the intent
of the prayer, then it stands legally as it states.
        It is obvious that the past is irrelevant to the futurists.
        To stand on the past as predicate to the present, then it stands that
no public official can possibly preclude the exercise of a right by merely
stating that they possess the power of office to do as they darned well please.
        If the past is to lend credence to the present, then the present must
reflect the valid decisions of the past, and not the corrupt, and irresolute
distinctions which have lead to the morass of your current predicament.
        But I digress, your current predicament is lamentable primarily
because -- not unlike my own nation -- people think that by simply voting on
an issue, that they can change what it is that they currently find
objectionable.
        One wonders what other ludicrous distinction will find itself up
for a vote in some future citizens forum . . .

--
Liberty: Live it . . . or lose it.

ET

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]