From:   "E.J. Totty", [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>IG appears to be behaving in a way similar to the
>tobacco companies - looking at the evidence and flatly
>denying its existence. The tobacco companies deny
>reality for financial reasons and so do the police.
        --snip--

        Steve, & Norman,

        Neglecting Steve's remarks:

        Come now, Norman, you are comparing apples
and clams.
        In IG's defence (as if he needed that), the tobacco
companies and the tobacco users deserve each other.
        Anybody who consumes that stuff (and I did for
15 years), in the face of all of the press and evidence which
pretty much covered all the ground that needed to be covered
regarding health hazards, in quantities that are surely to be
deleterious to one's health, deserves to be ignored, and
disregarded as a fool. I smoked for 15 years, from the time I
was 15 until the age of 30. Amazing (isn't it?) how long it takes
one to learn a lesson? Smoking by itself, once or twice a day
(which was the usual back a long time ago) isn't considered
deleterious to the healthy person. The Ad men did us in by
inducing the young and impressionable to go 'whole hog' and
do it all the time.
        Maybe we should sue the ad agencies?
        I'll let IG answer the other stuff.
        In all due respect to yourself, the matter is that as
Steve has stated.
        There are some things which are quite beyond one's
control.
--
Liberty: Live it . . . or lose it.

ET