On Mon, 29 Mar 2004, Andre Bleau wrote:
> Robert Collins wrote:
>
> >On Thu, 2004-03-25 at 23:29, Reini Urban wrote:
> > > Robert Collins schrieb:
> > > > On Sat, 2004-03-13 at 08:07, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> > > >>At the very least, it would be nice to get out a new release which
> > > >>resized correctly. I know that the current implementation isn't perfect
> > > >>but I wonder if it is better than the alternative of having a new user a
> > > >>week sending in a suggestion that the browser should be resizeable.
> > >
> > > Why don't you just release the current snapshot?
> >
> >Lets put it to the floor. While I'm not happy with the current UI
> >resulting from the resizability... if a simple majority of the package
> >maintainers are, I'll release.
> >
> >There, hows that?
> >
> >Rob
>
> As I reported previously in
> http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2003-12/msg00133.html , the
> setup-2.418 snapshot with resizable chooser has worked well for me for
> months now.
>
> The only very minor inconvenient I experienced is that some screens are not
> as pretty when resized as they could be.
>
> So I vote for the release of that snapshot.
> Andr� Bleau
I've been using a self-built version of setup (CVS head + some local
patches) for my local upgrades since early December, with no discernible
problems. So I second Andr�'s vote.
FWIW, I'd also like to submit some more changes that aren't ready for
primetime, but which, I think, should be present in development snapshots.
They are much less stable than the resizability patches, and I don't think
it's fair to require anyone wanting a resizable setup to use a snapshot
with raw and unstable functionality.
Igor
--
http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
|\ _,,,---,,_ [EMAIL PROTECTED]
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"I have since come to realize that being between your mentor and his route
to the bathroom is a major career booster." -- Patrick Naughton