Reini schrieb: > Gerrit P. Haase schrieb: >> I stillkeep perl-5.6.1 at the mirrors for people who don't believe that >> the new perl-5.8 is ok. Now I have updated to 5.8.5 and removed 5.8.2 >> but got complaints because the postgres perl extension is linked against >> 5.8.2 DLL.
> Shouldn't we then provide a cygperl5_8.dll symlinked to cygperl5_8_5.dll > also (in linux fashion), and apps should link against cygperl5_8.dll > resp. a more generic libperl.dll.a then? > otherwise you'll have to recompile all dependent apps. Should be a hardlink. Anyway, 5.8.0 was not threaded and is not supposed to be binary compatible to 5.8.0 / 5.8.5. > BTW: > cygperl-5.8.5.dll filenames would also be okay, as long as the linker > and dlopen gets the basename+extension passed. > Without the ".dll" extension it will not be found. >> I need to rethink the package naming if it is not possible >> to get mroe than one prev tag into setup.ini (automatically, as >> mentioned it works well with setup.exe). Gerrit -- =^..^=
