Christopher schrieb: > On Wed, Aug 25, 2004 at 01:51:46PM +0200, Gerrit P. Haase wrote: >>Christopher schrieb: >>> If there are problems with perl 5.8.x, shouldn't we be fixing the >>> problems? >> >>Sure, this is the way to go. However, I want to keep 5.6.1 around as >>long as possible. Since it will [EMAIL PROTECTED] mirrors it is always possible >>to fetch it and instal it manually. And the 'Joe User' will see 5.8.2 >>as previous and 5.8.5 as current.
> Please don't assume that since perl is already a package in the cygwin > distribution that a separate 5.6.1 version is a given. If you are > going to be adding a new package to the distribution, you need to > go through the normal approval process. > I'll state again that I don't think that it is a good idea to include > 5.6.1. Until I changed the setup.hint today perl-5.6.1 was at the mirrors and it was the previous version always. Now the current is 5.8.5 and 5.8.2 is previous. I will not delete 5.6.1 if not someone forces me to do so. Gerrit -- =^..^=
