On Monday, August 14th, 2023 at 12:50 AM, ASSI via Cygwin-apps
<cygwin-apps@cygwin.com> wrote:

> I've started a local llvm-revival branch… I got sidetracked with OCaml,
> but that will need some more time and currently I have just disabled the
> OCaml bindings in LLVM instead (not removed: this is controlled by a
> variable in the script and another variable to control the LLVM target
> list).

I am not sure but there is probably some upstream changes are needed in cygport
source[1] to get latest ocaml-findlib & ocaml-dune to work properly.

the dependency infos in META files seems start to have some pretty printing and
the old regex and patterns for finding the depended pkg names are no longer
working correctly.

also starting from llvm 11, libunwind seemed to use some asm and the build
bugged due a cmake bug(?), possible fix is here[2].

[1]:
https://gist.github.com/ookiineko/8fc62f16e2cdff587d42d6d8d6cc7067/raw/7e02d879d47f8f074b1cc26ff41a94f7b54fa650/ocamlfind-dune-pretty-print.patch
[2]:
https://github.com/ookiineko-cygpkg/cmake/commit/c198158965fe3714bf101dda5dedc9fb5778e4d4