Alexander Gottwald wrote:
I suspect that some bugfixes which were present in the CYGWIN branch on freedesktop are missing in the branch which was the source for the latest release.
Just to confirm that the bug indeed *seems* to have crept back. I updated to the latest release and then the server would not start due to the "cannot find font 'fixed'" problem. Re-mounted the fonts directory in binmode, reinstalled just the fonts and it all works. Fortunately I remembered this work-around from some time back when I last had this problem. Sorry, I have no recollection when or what version.

I guess most people won't have any problems because they install Cygwin with Unix newlines, thus making textmode and binmode identical. Thus no cacophony of complaints.

--
Andy Rushton, Southampton, UK

Fortune and love befriend the bold.
                -- Ovid