On 11/10/2021 1:42 PM, Henry S. Thompson wrote:
Ken Brown writes:
The good news is that the bug doesn't seem to occur in XEmacs 21.4
(on 32-bit Cygwin).  So one way to approach this would be to bisect
the XEmacs git repo to find the commit that introduced the bug.
You'd probably have to do the work on 32-bit Cygwin since, if I
remember correctly, XEmacs 21.4 didn't build on 64-bit Cygwin.

Right, although I _suspect_ it will be in 64-bit-only code.  Easy
enough to find out, once I resurrect a 32-bit install on a spare
machine that I can run 3.3 on (I use XEmacs all day every day from my
day job, so I need to stay with 3.2 until we fix this).

I had actually tested the 32-bit case before suggesting the bisection. The bug does occur there too. And, as Andrey said, you don't need to use a spare machine. You can have as many parallel Cygwin installs as you want on a single machine, some 64-bit and some 32-bit.

Ken