On 2024-04-05 09:21, J M via Cygwin wrote:
I added, sed and grex x60 to x80, no software running and no antivirus.
El vie., 5 abr. 2024 17:18, J M escribió:
I'm seeing that Cygwin is a bit slow, directly and after comparing to
simple ubuntu virtual machines by example.
Specifically:
- Copy and paste texts in vim, I see clearly the slow in paste.
- Using sed and/or grep that count approx. between 6x and 8x respect to
virtual machine simple ubuntu.
- In general multiple bash commands are slower.
Can you analyze this?
I'm use the last updated Windows 11 and a fresh Cygwin.

Any chance Cygwin may be running under Hyper-V due to possibly unrequested security changes, such as enabling Device Security/Core Isolation/Memory Integrity, because of enabling logging/reporting back to MS, or checking signature on each execution of each executable, or other "security" features (by default bypassed by buggy/unsafe MS products, which are the ones that need it)?

                                -- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry