On Fri, 17 May 2024 at 16:50, Brian Inglis via Cygwin <cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:

> On 2024-05-17 01:48, Cedric Blancher via Cygwin wrote:
> > Is there a technical reason why 32bit Cygwin cannot be installed on
> > 64bit Windows? We like to create a CI build pipeline, and want to
> > create binaries for 32bit and 64bit Cygwin on the same machine, but
> > setup.exe for 32bir Cygwin refuses to install
>
> Practical reason is 32 bit usage < 1%

I would agree for commercial, well-funded enterprises. The situation
is much different for funding-starved education, i.e. schools and
universities, where Win10 32bit is squatting cheap computers in the
*millions*. For example the schools in Paris alone have 22000 active
Win10 32bit licenses in 2022 (last time this was counted).

> and Cygwin is all volunteer, with
> professionally and/or personally busy developers lacking time to do more.
> You are on your own with 32 bit dropped,

Does Cygwin 3.6 still compile on 32bit?

> so ask questions on forums like SO.

What is SO?

Ced