On 17/05/2024 10:30, Dimitry Andric via Cygwin wrote:
On 17 May 2024, at 09:48, Cedric Blancher via Cygwin <cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:

Is there a technical reason why 32bit Cygwin cannot be installed on
64bit Windows? We like to create a CI build pipeline, and want to
create binaries for 32bit and 64bit Cygwin on the same machine, but
setup.exe for 32bir Cygwin refuses to install

How exactly does it "refuse to install" ? If it says "mbox : Cygwin is not supported
on 32-bit Windows", you may not have followed the instructions at
https://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin/2022-November/252542.html, which say:

This links to

https://cygwin.com/install.html#unsupported

which contains those instructions (and is kept up to date).

I'm not entirely sure how the OP managed to obtain an x86 installer, without coming across those instructions.