On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 03:10:13AM +0100, Nomen Nescio wrote:
> Gary Jeffers writes:
>
> >    The purpose of the coming Iraq war is to steal their oil. After we get
> > Iraq oil, which arab country is next? If U. State can get away with the
> > theft of Iraq, then why not just keep on stealing?
> >
> >  The beneficiaries of this war are:
> >
> > 1. United State:
> >
> > 2. Corporations, connected.
> >
> > 3. The ruling elite families.
> >
> > 4. The Zionists.
>
> Even if all this were true, so what?  All of the groups above would
> do better things with the oil.  The represent the forces of enterprise,
> initiative and enlightenment in the world today.  What is the alternative?
> Iraq?  Saddam Hussein?  You think the world is a better place with
> someone like him controlling Iraqi oil?

    Right, and I can do better things with your money than you can, so why
shouldn't I just kill you and take it?

> He's no better than any of the groups above.  He took power by force
> and rules his country with an iron fist.  See the recent elections -
> 100% of the vote was supposedly for Hussein!  What a joke.
>
> How can anyone claim that the U.S. or Israel or corporations or rich
> Americans are morally worse than the likes of Hussein?

   I don't see that Saddam is any less moral than Dubbya and Asscruft.

> A 21st century where democratic, liberal Western democracies control the
> world will be far more prosperous, safe and free than one where backwards,
> repressive, religious ideologies like Islam dominate.

   A far better idea is for the UN to invade the US, depose it's evil,
warmongering leader, destroy all the WOMD, and free the oppressed populace.

(rest of absurd rant snipped)

--
Harmon Seaver
CyberShamanix

"War is just a racket ... something that is not what it seems to the
majority of people. Only a small group knows what its about. It is
conducted for the benefit of the very few at the expense of the
masses."  --- Major General Smedley Butler, 1933

"Our overriding purpose, from the beginning through to the present
day, has been world domination - that is, to build and maintain the
capacity to coerce everybody else on the planet: nonviolently, if
possible, and violently, if necessary. But the purpose of US foreign
policy of domination is not just to make the rest of the world jump
through hoops; the purpose is to faciliate our exploitation of
resources."
- Ramsey Clark, former US Attorney General
http://www.thesunmagazine.org/bully.html