On Thursday 14 November 2002 12:16, Harmon Seaver wrote:

>    It's all relative -- what Dubbya and Asscruft have done to destroy
> freedom in the US is far worse than anything Saddam has done. Iraq
> had no freedom to lose.

So...When Iraqis are tortured to death, it's not really that bad because
they're just wogs and don't know any better?

>    Dubbya and Asscruft have millions of people in prison for doing
> nothing wrong, only violating their bullshit rules in the War On Some
> Drugs.

I agree that the WoSD is bullshit, but get some historical perspective.
The WoSD has been in place for thirty years (Nixon), or for almost a
century (eeeevil blacks and hispanics using marijuana to seduce white
women). Bush43 and Ashcroft have been in office less than two years,
and neither was alive when _Reefer Madness_ came out..

> They have killed thousands of innocent Afghans

"Thousands of Afghans" has been thoroughly debunked. Only the very
stupid continue to believe or propagate it.

>    Not that Klinton was any better.

Bubba was much worse. He killed people to distract attention from his
crimes. Bush43 at least has a supportable rationale, whether or not you
agree with it.

Now, I am far from a Bush43 supporter. I have serious concerns about his
interest in the rights of Americans. But idiots like Harmon Seaver make
it more difficult to effectively oppose Bush43 and Asscruft (*) because
their supporters need only point to the idiots to discredit all of the
opposition.

(*) I'm the one who came up with that nickname, so you can assume that
my opinion of him is not favorable.

SRF

--
Steve Furlong    Computer Condottiere   Have GNU, Will Travel

Vote Idiotarian --- it's easier than thinking