"zmag.org and commiedreams.org gets you blacklisted, as it indicates that one is of the so-called "progressive, leftist" commie totalitarian persuasion."

Blacklisted! Sniff sniff...I'm hurt! Does this mean I'm kicked out from the yearbook committee too? And do I have to tear up my "Cypherpunks" membership card?

The only important point to make here, is that it doesn't really matter what the political persuasion is of someone who contributes to anything nominally Cypherpunkish. If they are promoting/using/developing/suggesting strong crypto apps, certain types of thought-control will eventually be thrown off as a result of such apps. (Of course, there are those who believe that something like an anarchic/libertarian society must arise as a result, but one's BELIEFS are largely irrelevant.)

As for quoting zmag (which I do), it's silly that this indicates a necessarily leftie/pinko/commie slant. Chomsky, a frequent contributor, has described himself as basically anarchic in his political leanings. More importantly, however, is the fact that Chomsky often develops some very strong counter-arguments to US agit-spew. However, if quoting zmag means I'm a "commie pinko faggot", sobeit.

-TD