That may be right -- I just got off the phone with American.

The bottleneck seems to be San Juan, and American will happily fly you
there on many available flights. You'll just have to switch to another
carrier once you get that far. TWA apparently offers codeshare flights, for
instance, so the situation isn't *quite* that dire.

For Washingtonians, American offers a direct flight from San Juan to BWI,
leaving Anguilla circa 3 pm and arriving BWI circa 9 pm.

-Declan