At 10:04 PM 7/10/00 -0400, Greg Newby wrote:

>To me, 'free speech' != 'anyone can post to any mailing list.'
>And, 'free speech' != 'anyone can speak/post anonymously.'

If the government is not involved, it is NOT a free speech issue.
End of that approach.

Mailing lists are private property.  No irish need apply is
perfectly legitimate here.  In this *particular* list, it is
a *requirement* that anyone be able to post anonymously; the effort
they should go to (e.g., including a special token in the subject
line, or establishing a registered but pseudonymous account elsewhere)
may be contentious but as a requirement its pretty widely
agreed upon.  This *particular* mailing list is multihomed, which
leads to even more fun.