Am Freitag, 8. September 2017, 07:52:02 CEST schrieb Bernhard:
> Roman Lebedev schrieb am 07.09.2017 um 22:35:
> > On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 11:18 PM, Matthias Bodenbinder
> >
> > <matth...@bodenbinder.de>  wrote:
> >> I just want to bring to your attention that there is a new translation
> >> engine available which translates much, much better than anything google
> >> or Microsoft are doing:https://www.deepl.com/translator
> >>
> >> May be it is a good idea to use this engine to translate the englisch
> >> documentation to german, french, spanish, italian, netherlands.>
> > All translations, usermanual translations are hand-made.
> > Any auto-translation will likely always(well...) be bad, and
> > unsuitable for inclusion.
>
> That said I would not take the auto-translate and publish it right off.
>
> But from my experience in the past with Google translate - I just had to
> rewrite the whole stuff.
> Based on Matthias' two examples I really think that this is indeed a
> major step forward to simplify the translation process as in these two
> examples I personally would take the auto-text and only correct a few
> words in the first example and change the phrase " Sie können sich um
> das Rechteck herum bewegen" in two occurances and perhaps and also a few
> words in the second example.
> Translating from English to German is not easy - grammar is different
> and more complex, but the structure of the translated sentences is
> indeed impressing.
>
> I don't know how this will work with a large document as it may be
> important to be consistent with naming of elements and photo-specific
> expressions throughout the whole document.

Let's put it this way: If anyone comes up with a German translation of the
user manual and I or Jo think it's good we will take it. If the translation
was done 100% manually or if tools were used to help with the initial bulk
doesn't matter. However, even with the help of tools it's still a big project.

Tobias