Dear Aurélien,

Am 10.10.2017 um 10:25 schrieb Aurélien PIERRE:
Following my work from this Summer, I'm glad to propose my first blind deconvolution algorithm, written in Python, based on papers from 2011-2014  : https://github.com/aurelienpierre/Image-Cases-Studies

TL;DR :

Blind deconvolution is a technique used in astronomy and microscopy to deblur pictures based on an estimation of the blur "profile" (SPF for the geeks). This work on motion blur, focus blur, etc. A commercial photo software get spectacular results with this technique : http://relaunch.piccureplus.com/ (although it's not really blind).

My code is a proof of concept which runs now (barely optimized) between 50 and 275 s on a 2 Mpx image.

I'm still looking for some help to port it in a Darktable module, since I'm not a C developper (or at least some doc).

I am still rather skeptic regarding the question if a blind deconvolution algorithm fits into the darktable workflow. It may be computationally too demanding. Nevertheless, this is a very fascinating topic and I will have a look at your code. Thanks for your efforts.

        Heiko

--
-- Number Crunch Blog @ https://www.numbercrunch.de
--  Cluster Computing @ http://www.clustercomputing.de