Hi !

I understand the performance concerns and I'm working on some trade off.
But…

1 - Non-blind Richardson-Lucy deconvolution by gradient descent with
Total Variation regularization (probably not the algorithm used in Gimp
since it's relatively recent) gives very good results in 25 iterations,
thus 16 s on my 2 Mpx test picture with a Python script (on an i7 Ivy
bridge laptop).

2 - Myopic deconvolution (the sort of "blind" deconvolution where you
give a good-enough initial guess of the blur profile) converges faster
than the blind one,

3 - The most computation-demanding operation is convolution product (2
FFT-convolve by non blind iteration, 4 by blind iteration). The good
news is we don't need to compute them on the whole picture (it's
actually bad when you have a large bokeh area) and you can/should mask
the area of interest and do the computations only on it. It saves a lot
of time and gives better results on some cases.

4 - It should be possible to deconvolve the RAW pic first, cache it,
then apply the further edits on the cached picture (similar to the HDR
workflow).

5 - Piccur uses a myopic deconvolution (from what I have understood),
and seems to offer rather decent time/quality ratio. Also, ImageJ has a
similar open-source plugin
(http://imagej.net/Parallel_Iterative_Deconvolution) which code could be
of interest.

Thanks for your interest !