I have at least now installed the roboto font and added the  "condensed fonts" to the .css list of fonts but I find that I do not have a /.config/darktable/themes directory at all .... not sure why this is not being placed during the install. The above changes so far are not effecting how dt displays fonts but does of course change other programs.

David

On 2019-04-15 4:40 a.m., Jean-Luc wrote:
That was already done in my case.

Le lundi 15 avril 2019 à 06:49 -0400, Aurélien Pierre a écrit :

Remember to reset screen_dpi_overwrite=-1 (so no overwritting) in darktablerc and install all the Roboto font packages, especially the display/thin variant, which is used in modules.

Le 19-04-15 à 03 h 59, Jean-Luc a écrit :
Hi,

I got the same kind of issue (manjaro gnome, roboto font used) :

To get something satisfying without enlarging the panels I just generalized "condensed fonts" (css file, line 211)

Note : to tweak the css copy  the darktable.css  with a customized name to your  .config/darkable/themes directory
You can then choose which css file to use through dt settings.

I guess that in the near future we will be able to choose from several themes

Le dimanche 14 avril 2019 à 19:29 -0400, Patrick Shanahan a écrit :
* David Vincent-Jones <
david...@gmail.com
<mailto:david...@gmail.com>
> [04-14-19 19:13]:
I am running Manjaro with the XFCE desktop. I have now increased the width
of my side panels to 340, changed the screen dpi and reduced my desktop font
size but still am having problems to see the full length of menu items. I am
using the default Gnome theme if that has any bearing on the problem.
Some of the fonts appear to be responding to change but some fonts appear to
in Bold and do not change.
Can somebody with an XFCE desktop please advise the font name and setup that
works with the new GUI.
David
On 2019-04-13 7:38 a.m., Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Patrick Shanahan <
p...@opensuse.org
<mailto:p...@opensuse.org>
> [04-13-19 10:29]:
* Pascal Obry <
pas...@obry.net
<mailto:pas...@obry.net>
> [04-13-19 02:55]:
A new large merge is about to happen.
This time it is on the GUI side. A large rewrite from Aurélien which
makes everything related to layout, font size, etc... done directly in
CSS. No more messing in GTK code to add GUI borders, spacing, colors...
playing mostly but noticed my previously reconfigured "previous image"
shortcut to "B" unshifted seems to toggle the screen zoom to ?borderless?
and back rather than the previous image.  checked and reset shortcut to
unshifted "b" but still see the ?zoom?  action rather than the previous
image.  reset shortcut to "backspace" to no avail.  after setting five or
six different keys and several dt restarts, it now respects the unshifted
"B" and goes to previous image.
https://github.com/darktable-org/darktable/issues/2393
also notice something someone else mentioned recently.  I have unset and
unused "input color profile" default to "standard color matrix" as I am
using filmic.  advancing to next image or previous image invokes an
information window announcing "unsupported input color profile has been
replaced by linear Rec709 RGB!"
https://github.com/darktable-org/darktable/issues/2394
when drop-down menus display possible options, current selection is not
evident.  no color shift or indication which is current.
https://github.com/darktable-org/darktable/issues/2395
there was notice on pixls.us that at least gtk3-3.22 was necessary.  are
you at that level?