For years, I've had my Nikon D200 insert an Image Comment in each *.xmp
file that contains a makeshift copyright symbol along with my name and
phone number.

My phone number has changed several times so I wrote a simple bash script
that uses sed to exchange each of the old phone numbers with the current
one whenever they're found. The script runs well. I view any modified *.xmp
and clearly see that the phone numbers have been updated.

Problem is, when I view those photos in Darktable, the old number/s still
appear in the Metadata Editor as though nothing's been changed.

Does Darktable store this information in another location or it is a matter
of getting it to reread or refresh?

Jim Coleman
http://www.linkedin.com/in/jamescoleman
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jecoleman/sets