Am Sonntag, 18. September 2016, 07:19:52 CEST schrieb Patrick Shanahan:
> * Frank J. <newslet...@fotodrachen.de> [09-18-16 04:48]:
> > Am 18.09.2016 um 09:47 schrieb Bruce Williams:
> > > but I'm not sure where the database lives.
> >
> > Hi,
> > on my Ubuntu-Linux the configurations are in
> >
> > ~/.config/darktable/
> >
> > The Database: ~/.config/darktable/library.db
> >
> > The Thumbnail-Cache in
> >
> >  /~/.cache/darktable/
> >
> > will be build new when first looking at a picture.
> >
> > It is also possible to build all thumbs with a terminal-command:
> >
> > $ darktable-generate-cache
>
> WARNING: if the path to the photos is different on your new box, you need
> to remove those images from the database and import them from their new
> location.  Probably would be easier to just begin anew and import from the
> new locations into a new library if you have not created styles.

If the basic folder structure is the same and filenames didn't change you just
have to point darktable to the new base by using the "folder" mode of the
collect module on lighttable. You will see the folder being struck through.
Right click and select the correct folder.

> I suggest you also bring with you from ~/.config/darktable/:
>   darktablerc
>   keyboardrc
>   keyboardrc_default

I'd just copy the whole ~/.config/darktable/ folder. Just to be sure.

Tobias