On Sat, Nov 12, 2016 at 12:39 AM,  <junkyardspar...@yepmail.net> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 11, 2016, at 06:23, Roman Lebedev wrote:
>
>> I would make a educated guess that at some point the darkroom caches,
>> which usually are there and make darkroom fast, are invalidated for
>> valid reasons, so darktable has to re-run the whole pipe, and not just
>> one module.
>> And as you can guess, the total pipe processing time is more than just the
>> time
>> of one of the modules...
>
> Ok, to illustrate how extreme the difference is, here's the perf data for
> doing the exact same thing in 2.0.7 and 2.2~rc0, essentially having only lens
> correction and denoise in the history stack while moving the viewed section
> of 1:1 image around to random spots via the thumbnail. Same file, same
> settings (other than anything that the new version changes when importing
> settings from an older version), no OpenCL. The last entry for the 2.2 log
> was an astonishing 49 seconds! That was an outlier, but there were several
> between 20-30 seconds, and even the shortest times were notably slower than
> the fairly consistent and short ones in 2.0.7. If this isn't a bug, it's
> probably unlikely to be considered an enhancement by most users. ;)

Hm, so the speed decrease is for the full pipe, which is for main darkroom view.
I expected to see a problem in preview pipe.

How did you get darktable?
What does this say (for 2.2.0rc0):
$ grep codepath ~/.config/darktable/darktablerc

Also, please show me whole darktable output when you just start it and
then close it, without any  -d  options.

> --
> jys
Roman.