Ah thank you, I will try this...
JD

      From: Šarūnas <saru...@mail.saabnet.com>
 To: darktable-user@lists.darktable.org
 Sent: Friday, February 3, 2017 1:04 AM
 Subject: Re: [darktable-user] OpenCl with AMD graphics card

On 2017-02-01 20:31, Jos Dassen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Does anyone have darktable 2.2 working with OpenCL using an AMD
> Firepro graphics card??
>
> If so, which Linux distribution, version and graphics driver are you
> using??
>
> Unfortunately my Dell Precision 7710 has a FirePro W5100 series
> graphics card. AMD does not provide drivers for Ubuntu.
> [...]

Which version of Ubuntu?

AMDGPU-PRO for Ubuntu 16.04 is here:
http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMDGPU-PRO-Driver-for-Linux-Release-Notes.aspx
FirePro W5100 is listed as supported.

For 16.10 one might get a mix of the open-source amdgpu with AMDGPU-PRO
OpenCL libraries working, like so:
http://www.gearsongallium.com/?p=2960
(I have the above setup working with RX480 (Polaris/Ellesmere), Ubuntu
16.10, darktable 2.2.3) FirePro W5100 seems to use Bonaire chips, and
these might be supported by the current amdgpu; from /var/log/Xorg.o.log:

[ 87461.653] (II) AMDGPU: Driver for AMD Radeon chipsets: OLAND, OLAND,
        BONAIRE, BONAIRE, BONAIRE, BONAIRE, BONAIRE, BONAIRE, BONAIRE,
        BONAIRE, BONAIRE, BONAIRE, ... ... ...

--
Šarūnas Burdulis
http://math.dartmouth.edu/~sarunas