For me having disabled modules in history is very useful, because the
modules may have some non-default parameters set, and later I may want to
re-enable them.
For example, I can apply the watermark module, change some colors/position,
export with the watermark.
Later I can disable the watermark module to export for some other purpose.
If I want to export with a watermark again I want it to remember
colors/position I set before, even after stack compression.

-Sergii.