>From the joke screen, you can press "L" to go to the light table.

People complain about this every year. I myself was just using Darktable
today to show some photos on a projector and had to explain the joke to my
audience when the screen came up. Perhaps, since the developers assure us
<https://redmine.darktable.org/issues/11559> that it is not going to be
removed from Darktable, a section should be added to the user manual to
explain how to make the joke screen go away.

--
August Schwerdfeger
aug...@schwerdfeger.name