Hi
As y'all can guess, I'm a newbie here, and haven't found a more or less
formal way of learning DT yet.
No mistake- there are some excellent Youtubes out there (thanks, Harry
Durgin, upegelow, R, Hutton and many others!), but I have been using
Affinity, and they have an excellent series of about 200 'Vimeos' (also to
be found on Youtube) with one 10-12 minute clip for each module.
This , IMHO, is the best way to learn a 'steep curve' software such as DT,
but so far, I havent been able to find a similar project. I am scrambling
to find pertinent shorts (via Google!) when stuck, and find myself
impatiently tapping my fingers when listening to someone who may or may not
help me, sucking his teeth and pontificating about whether or not to move
this or that slider from 62 to 65 etc...
I (and I suspect that many others) feel the need for a simple short that
explains e.g. how to use Highlight Recovery - Step 1, 2 and 3; when to use
this or that module for this aim, and why.
I realize that DT is open source and therefore a result of the spare (?)
time of many good people, whereas Affinity that I mentioned is a commercial
project.  But - Im still hoping that some of those good people at DT could
make it all just a little bit more user-friendly for newbies, and not just
a great tool for those born with a lens cover in their mouth...