Am 02.12.18 um 14:05 schrieb Michael Rasmussen:
On Sun, 2 Dec 2018 13:43:06 +0100
Volker Lenhardt <volker.lenha...@uni-due.de> wrote:

I think I should either reinstall DT or start a new subject request.
Or do you have an idea?

In your darktablerc file you could try change default setting for these
opencl_memory_headroom=550
opencl_memory_requirement=768

See also 'opencl_avoid_atomics' here:
https://www.darktable.org/usermanual/en/darktable_and_opencl_amd.html

The opencl_memory_headroom is of special concern since this setting
controls how much memory darktable will reserve for other programs and
device drivers requiring GPU memory. As can be seen above I have
slightly increased the setting.

Changing opencl_memory_headroom doesn't make any difference. Nevertheless thanks for the idea.

Am 02.12.18 um 14:02 schrieb Ulrich Pegelow:> Looks like OpenCL is properly loaded. To better analyse the slow
response time of your system run with 'darktable -d opencl -d perf'. After each processing step you get profiling output. For the start only look at lines like

17,607291 [dev_process_image] pixel pipeline processing took 0,212 secs (1,374 CPU)

You will see the same output if you switch off OpenCL so this should give you a first estimate on how strong the GPU is able to boost performance on your system. Note that you need to activate some of the more demanding modules to really see a difference. Try for example profiled (denoise).

Deactivated openCL:
Next image in darkroom:
885,336719 [dev_process_image] pixel pipeline processing took 0,512 secs (1,761 CPU)
Profiled denoise:
1033,212575 [dev_process_image] pixel pipeline processing took 18,907 secs (73,211 CPU)

Activated openCL
Next image:
1118,913519 [dev_process_image] pixel pipeline processing took 0,434 secs (1,555 CPU)
Profiled denoise:
1219,319104 [dev_process_image] pixel pipeline processing took 18,669 secs (72,306 CPU)

There's practically no difference. BTW: the images are cr2 files with sizes of about 23 MB.

What next?

Volker