Thank you, Patrick.  Having done that (note the screenshot below), darktable still can't seem to find these three files.

And yes, I do need more time getting into the file system.

Willy Williams

--

 "You don't take a picture.  You ask quietly and humbly to borrow it."

 - Unknown

* Willy Williams <grayc...@bolthole.net> [10-01-20 19:42]:
OK, I found the watermarks location under
"Computer/usr/share/darktable/watermarks", but it's locked and I am unable
to paste the new .svg files into that location.  How does one unlock that
structure?  I'm a Linux Noob (must admit it).

mkdir ~/.config/darktable/watermarks
then add your watermark (svg) files there

ps: there is no "Computer/usr/share/darktable/watermarks"
     but there is /usr/share/darktable/watermarks
but that is for system files, not user files.

and to help you prevent yourself from borking your system, a little
research into linux filesystem structure will greatly benefit you.