Hello darktable users!

Can anybody please confirm if they can or can't export any image to the new and coolest AVIF format?

I'm trying to debug an issue with darktable exporting images to AVIF. I reported the issue #7177 <https://github.com/darktable-org/darktable/issues/7177> in github.

If you don't see the AVIF format in the list of file types to export then its because you don't have libavif installed in your system. That's ok. But if you do see it on the list, does darktable produce an error when you try to do it?

Please let me know what version of libavif and darktable you are using, both if it work or if it doesn't work for you.

For me, it fails with libavif 0.8.3 and darktable master branch.

Hopefully this way we can find the problem.

Thanks a lot!

Alejandro Criado-Pérez