* Tom Whale <darktable-u...@walbert.eu> [02-21-21 13:42]:

> On 21.02.2021 at 19:27 Michael Rasmussen wrote:
>
> > The easiest way is to use Windows' file manager to copy the files to a
> > designated folder and then import into DT from there.
>
> Well,  yes.  But  I  rather like to import from the sd-card, the files
> should  be  copied  to a given folder (global preferences -> import ->
> 'base  directory  naming  pattern')  and  then  put  in the subfolders
> '$(YEAR)\$(MONTH)'

you want dt to be your file-manager, but you already have one.  you are on
windows but the *inux's tend to separate functions and do each function
well rather than one does everything approach.

I have crafted a script to copy from flash-card, rename files and place
them on the hard-drive ready to import into dt.

I doubt you will find a developer that will see your particular needs as
pressing.  but ...

Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/piwigo               paka @ IRCnet freenode