Thank you Terry ... now that I have verification from you I have submitted a issue report to the developers.

Cheers

On 2021-12-02 12:16, Terry Pinfold wrote:
Hi David,
        thanks for pointing this issue out. I have only run into your
described issue because of noise, but after reading your reply about the
placement of contrast equalizer in the pipeline I see what you mean. I hope
Aurelian or another developer picks up on this issue and consider the best
placement in the pipeline. I guess in the meantime deactivating the CE
module while adjusting filmic may help you.

cheers