Thanks Martin for this valuable information

________________________________
From: Martin Straeten <martin.strae...@gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, 5 December 2021 4:40 PM
To: Terry Pinfold <terry.pinf...@utas.edu.au>
Cc: David Vincent-Jones <david...@gmail.com>;
darktable-user@lists.darktable.org <darktable-user@lists.darktable.org>
Subject: Re: [darktable-user] Filmic .. Auto-Tune

no need to use styles; a custom pipeline order can also be defined as a preset.
See manual
https://docs.darktable.org/usermanual/3.6/darkroom/pixelpipe/the-pixelpipe-and-module-order/#changing-module-order<https://docs.darktable.org/usermanual/3.6/darkroom/pixelpipe/the-pixelpipe-and-module-order/#changing-module-order>:

The module order can be manually changed back to either the v3.0 or legacy
versions using the module
order<https://docs.darktable.org/usermanual/3.6/module-reference/utility-modules/darkroom/module-order>module,
 which can also be used to define your own custom module order presets.