I find excising content inevitably removes the context that I rely on.

I had been an inline or bottom poster since the early 80s. I've recently
(well, the last 10 or 20 years :-) decided that top-posting and
retaining the entire thread below without all of the >>>>> makes it
easier to read email and to find context.

The truth is, is that if the reply isn't above the fold, I'm not going
to read it, and I'm probably not the only one.

But we digress.

--
Bill Wohler <woh...@newt.com> aka <bill.woh...@nasa.gov>
http://www.newt.com/wohler/, GnuPG ID:610BD9AD