On vendredi 25 août 2023 14:31:53 CEST Bruce Williams wrote:
> No, I had not!
> This was the error thrown by the terminal:
>
> an error occurred while trying to execute gdb. please check if gdb is
> installed on your system.
> backtrace written to /tmp/darktable_bt_XHGFA2.txt
> zsh: segmentation fault (core dumped)  darktable
>
> I tried "nano /tmp/darktable_bt_XHGFA2.txt" but it appears to have nothing
> in the text file.

Is that just a "plain" run of darktable, which gave the gbd error?

You should be able to just start darktable from a terminal emulator like
"Konsole" by typing "darktable" at the prompt. And there's no reason gbd
should be called in that case.

Also, is it possible you had done a system update without immediately
rebooting the system, and in that case, did darktable stop working after a
reboot (or restart, logout/login cycle)? Programs don't just stop working on a
system where nothing changed...