what you're doing there is defining a class method named more_than_fifty?
a method declared like that can be called from the class itself, not an
instance of it.

So, you end up with:
Day.more_than_fifty?

instead of:
day = Day.new
day.more_tan_fifty?

to add instance methods to a class, just declare them like this:

def method_name
  # do something
end

that is, without using self