> W3W is a gift and a curse. It is a commercial product. Several nations
> have somewhat embraced it (Mongolia, Liberia, and a few others I believe),
> but locally it may run into difficulties. People will not understand what
> cow.goat.cat means. Facebook is also in development of such a
> project:
> https://research.fb.com/publications/robocodes-towards-generative-street-addresses-from-satellite-imagery/

I actually went to the presentation for the facebook addresses by Ilke
Demir. I spoke to her afterwards about community buy-in and how people
would actually use it. These are real challenges that I don't know how they
will actually deal with. She was excited about the project, but really
didn't know how to answer those questions.

Cheers,
Justin