Hi,

I want to learn how OpenStreetmap stores and manages its data, plus how
Overpass Turbo extracts it.

I find the key-value pair system fascinating (variable fields, organic
building up of data) and want to replicate that elsewhere. Just the data
storing part.. don't want to generate map tiles etc.

Any pointers? Any place I should ask?

For those interested, here's a link to the project I have in mind:
Crowdsourcing-Map-based-data
<https://github.com/datameet-pune/datameet-pune.github.io/wiki/Crowdsourcing-Map-based-data>

--
Cheers,