Dave Rolsky wrote:
> It can go under modules/ if Rich is ok with moving the CVS.  But I for one
> wouldn't want to move it without preserving the version history, which
> requires SourceForge staff help.

The version history is not very important at this point, because I'm
actually working on a brand new implementation. It preserves the API,
docs, and tests, but changes all the code.

It could even get a new name, such that Date::ICal current users are not
forced to upgrade. But I think that would be confusing.

Another option would be to distribute Date::ICal 2.xx with the DateTime
bundle, while the pure-perl Date::ICal 1.xx would stay as a separate
module for a while. People who install Date::ICal get the traditional
one, while people who dare to install DateTime will have Date::ICal
upgraded.

- Flavio S. Glock