On Sat, 21 Feb 2004, David Wheeler wrote:

> On Feb 21, 2004, at 7:48 AM, Dave Rolsky wrote:
>
> > I found the discussion about stringification.  The reason I took it
> > out of the DateTime.pm code was that it made stack traces look quite
> > wack.
>
> I trust that's only true when you use a DT object in a stringification
> context? Doesn't seem like much of a reason, otherwise. Sounds more
> like a bug in overload.pm.

Well, right.  But I'm talking about printing out a stack trace, ala Carp
or Devel::StackTrace.  It prints out subroutine arguments, which may
include objects.  If the objects are stringify to something like
'2004-01-02 11:12:13' then that could be kind of confusing if you're
expecting 'DateTime=HASH{0xDADADA}', right?

-dave

House Absolute Consulting
www.houseabsolute.com