From: Priest, Darryl - BALTO [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Your lslpp looks identical to what I have, with the remaining caveat that
> I'm on 5.2. However, I now remember that I needed to remove the
> '-qlanglvl=ansi' compile option from the Makefile to get it
> to compile.

So you used AIX's compiler? Did you install DBD::Informix successfully? What version
of DBI and DBD::Informix? My own build seemed to work OK on Perl and DBI, but failed
on DBD::Informix.

It's ironic if you had to remove -qlanglvl=ansi in DBD::Informix since line 442 of
Makefile.PL looks like it's in there explicitly to *help* AIX/cc:

# Ensure that __STDC__ is defined for cc on AIX (ie if Perl was not
# compiled with xlc); reported by Joachim Schrod <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> in
# January 1998.
$opts{DEFINE} .= ' -qlanglvl=ansi'
        if ($Config{osname} eq 'aix' and $Config{cc} eq 'cc');

-ponder-,