Why don't you do the sensible thing and upgrade to Perl 5.8.8?

Presumably, you have a reason that seems sensible to you - though if you've
not considered the option, you should do it, and do it now (where 'do'
encompasses both 'think about installing Perl 5.8.8' and 'actually install
Perl 5.8.8').

Assuming you can't upgrade (what was the reason again?  you're kidding - you
could upgrade!) you'll probably need to dig through the release notes for
DBI to find the last version that supports Perl 5.5, and then obtain that
source manually from the CPAN archive (not by trying to use CPAN or CPANPLUS
modules).  Then you'll need to obtain a compatible version of DBD::Oracle,
and install that.

You can find DBI modules back to 1.13 at

http://www.cpan.org/modules/by-authors/id/TIMB/

The Oracle versions only go back to 1.14 - and may not cover the latest ones
either; you can hunt those down yourself.