On 2007-01-18 06:24:09 -0800, Jonathan Leffler wrote:
> On 1/18/07, Mohd Naim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >I have Perl 5.005 in Unix environment.I have no issues with running
> >any PErl Script.
> >But I cant access my Oracle Database(92) through Perl Script.

> Why don't you do the sensible thing and upgrade to Perl 5.8.8?

While I agree that this is probably a lot more sensible than trying to
get a seriously outdated perl installation to play nicely with a
reasonably current Oracle installation, that may not actually be the
issue in this case:

> >Its throwing error
> >*Can't locate object method "connect" via package "DBI"*
> >
> >*Can't locate dbi.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
                 ^^^
Note that perl is looking for "dbi.pm", not "DBI.pm" here. Looks like
the OP wrote "use dbi" instead of "use DBI".

[...]

> You can find DBI modules back to 1.13 at
>
> http://www.cpan.org/modules/by-authors/id/TIMB/
>
> The Oracle versions only go back to 1.14 - and may not cover the latest ones
> either; you can hunt those down yourself.

You can find even older versions on BackPAN:

http://backpan.cpan.org/authors/Tim_Bunce/

starts with DBI-0.89 and DBD-Oracle-0.47 from 1997.

        hp

--
   _  | Peter J. Holzer    | If I wanted to be "academically correct",
|_|_) | Sysadmin WSR       | I'd be programming in Java.
__/   | http://www.hjp.at/ |   -- Jesse Erlbaum on dbi-users