On 4/30/07, Tim Bunce <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

If the driver can make the handle truely read-only (by issing a statement like
"C<set transaction read only>" as needed, for example) then it should.
Otherwise the attribute is simply advisory.

For reading the value, I agree. I'd like to see a third value when
writing. This third value could mean "Make it read-only, if you can,
otherwise throw an exception".

Jochen

--
My cats know that I am a loser who goes out for hunting every day
without ever returning as much as a single mouse. Fortunately, I've