On 07/25/2010 09:42 PM, Vinod Guleria wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have installed oracle 10g client on my system. But still i am getting
> error while trying to connect to oracle as follows:
>
> DBI connect('host=10.7.85.32;sid=SMDB1;port=1521','wb',...) failed: ERROR
> OCINls
> EnvironmentVariableGet(OCI_NLS_CHARSET_ID) Check ORACLE_HOME and NLS
> settings et
> c. at test.pl line 19
>

> Pls help me to get rid of this error.
>

> Regards,
> Vinod.
>

> On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 1:57 PM, Alexander Foken <alexan...@foken.de> wrote:
>
>> No, even with DBD::ODBC you need an Oracle client, not for DBD::ODBC
>> itself,  but the ODBC manager needs one. Windows comes out of the box with a
---deleted other ODBC related discussion---

Since you appear to be running in a Windows environment, I wonder if a
problem my group encountered several years ago might be the issue?  The
error text is not identical, at least the portion you've supplied, so
this may not be relevant.

Use regedit to check you NLS key value at:

  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Oracle\HOME\NLS_LANG

We found it was set to 'NA', which is not a legal language value.
Setting it to a legal value ('AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8MSWIN1252' in our
case) fixed the problem.

--
Bob McGowan