On 10 November 2017 at 13:11,  <p...@cpan.org> wrote:
> Should DBD::mysql maintainers now starting complaining to Oracle and
> MariaDB, that they must revert their changes in MySQL and MariaDB, just
> because DBD::mysql (as libmysqlclient application) stopped working,
> because is misusing internals of C structures?

Pali, I wanted to give you some feedback on this thread. I have been
monitoring this discussion for some time. My $workplace probably has
one of the largest Mysql footprints in the world, and certainly in the
Perl world. We have funded MySQL/DBI related work in the past, and we
are a large funder of TPF. So we are in the position to throw
resources at this problem if the circumstances were appropriate.

But it is very difficult to determine if the circumstances ARE
appropriate because of the level of hysteria in your posts. I believe
your intentions are good, and I am willing to assume you are
technically correct about many of the things you comment on, but I
must say that the tone and form in which you are discussing it is
counter-productive.

The people you are talking to on this list by and large are software
developers and DB types, a group of people who are very intelligent,
experienced, and naturally conservative in their analytical approach.
Hysterical comments are not going to impress people like this.
Expecting people to blindly accept that your analysis is the one and
only viable analysis when your debating style is high on rhetoric and
low on facts or reasoned analysis is only going to frustrate yourself
and annoy the people on this list.

I really think you need to step back, bring your frustration (however
understandable that frustration is) into check and try a more
dispassionate approach. Despite lurking in this thread for some time I
am still lacking the precise specification of the problem at hand that
drives some of your comments. While I would like to do a code review
and see how much I agree with what you are saying, it is very
difficult to extract the substance from the rhetoric.

I think if you can manage to tone your responses down a bit you will
get a much more productive response from the list.

With respect,
Yves