I have macOS Mojave and am not able to install DBD::mysql - can anyone help?

Perl, mysql@5.7 and mysql-connector-c installed via Homebrew.

I get:

$ sudo /usr/local/bin/perl Makefile.PL
Password:

PLEASE NOTE:

For 'make test' to run properly, you must ensure that the
database user 'root' can connect to your MySQL server
and has the proper privileges that these tests require such
as 'drop table', 'create table', 'drop procedure', 'create procedure'
as well as others.

mysql> grant all privileges on test.* to 'root'@'localhost' identified by
's3kr1t';

You can also optionally set the user to run 'make test' with:

perl Makefile.PL --testuser=username

I will use the following settings for compiling and testing:

  cflags        (mysql_config) =
-I/usr/local/Cellar/mysql-connector-c/6.1.11/include
  embedded      (guessed     ) =
  ldflags       (guessed     ) =
  libs          (mysql_config) =
-L/usr/local/Cellar/mysql-connector-c/6.1.11/lib -l
  mysql_config  (guessed     ) = mysql_config
  nocatchstderr (default     ) = 0
  nofoundrows   (default     ) = 0
  nossl         (default     ) = 0
  testdb        (default     ) = test
  testhost      (default     ) =
  testpassword  (default     ) =
  testport      (default     ) =
  testsocket    (default     ) =
  testuser      (guessed     ) = root

To change these settings, see 'perl Makefile.PL --help' and
'perldoc DBD::mysql::INSTALL'.

Checking if libs are available for compiling...
Can't link/include C library '', aborting.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, James.