On Wednesday 16 January 2019 17:59:07 James Brown via dbi-users wrote:
> > On 16 Jan 2019, at 5:48 pm, Daniël van Eeden <daniel.van.ee...@myname.nl
> > <mailto:daniel.van.ee...@myname.nl>> wrote:
> >
> > The --libs part of that looks wrong.
> > I would expect something like "... -lmysqlclient -lssl -lcrypto”, not a -l
> > without library name.
> > Not sure why that might be.
>
> Thanks Daniël. To compile Dovecot to link against MySQL I had to use:
>
> export CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/opt/mysql@5.7/include/mysql
> -I/usr/local/Cellar/openssl@1.1/1.1.1/include"
> export LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/opt/mysql@5.7/lib
> -L/usr/local/opt/openssl@1.1/lib"
>
> ./configure --with-mysql --with-ssl=openssl
>
> Would I have to do something like that?

Hi! After forking DBD::mysql to DBD::MariaDB, I fixed lot of problems
with parsing output of mysql_config and finding include paths and
libraries in Makefile.PL.

Makefile.PL in DBD::MariaDB accepts env variables DBD_MARIADB_CFLAGS
DBD_MARIADB_LIBS and override output from mysql_config when env variable
DBD_MARIADB_CONFIG is set to "skip".

Maybe something similar could work for DBD::mysql. But I do not know as
Makefile.PL in DBD::mysql had lot of bugs... Maybe it helps you.