On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 12:14 PM, Drew Taylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm using Fixtures in my app, and am overall pleased with it. But I
>  now have a couple thousand fixture items which are imported, and
>  that's taking upwards of 1min+. Out of curiosity I commented out the
>  creation of the tmp_fixtures_dir and just read from fixtures_dir. I
>  shaved my populate() time in approximately half. What's the reasoning
>  for the tmp dir? Safety in case anything goes wrong? For me, it's just
>  a lot of wasted IOs and time. :-) Luke, any objections if I remove
>  this?

Well, ignore my previous patch because I forgot to run make test first
so I missed a typo. Also, after running the test I get an error doing
svn diff, so I'm assuming that a directory is being deleted which svn
expects to be there. If you agree with the concept of removing the tmp
dir, then I'll figure out the test too.

Drew
-- 
----------------------------------------------------------------
 Drew Taylor * Web development & consulting
 Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] * Site implementation & hosting
 Web : www.drewtaylor.com * perl/mod_perl/DBI/mysql/postgres
 ----------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
List: http://lists.scsys.co.uk/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/dbix-class
IRC: irc.perl.org#dbix-class
SVN: http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/repos/bast/DBIx-Class/
Searchable Archive: http://www.grokbase.com/group/[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to